An Outside Context Problem or an OCP is any problem with an immediate, ubiquitous and lasting impact upon an entire culture or civilisation , such as where a less technologically advanced society encounters a much more sophisticated civilisation. An OCP is "outside the context" as it is generally not considered until it occurs, and the capacity to actually conceive of or consider the OCP in the first place may not be possbile or very limited ie. The term was coined by Iain M.autodiscover.cmnv.org/territorio-indmito-unleashed-version.php
Outside Context Problem T-Shirt
Banks in his novel Excession :. For a small civilization dealing with their own problems, suddenly being threatened by a much larger, more technologically sophisticated civilization would be an OCP.
There have been some examples of cultures encountering such problems in the course of human history, such as the scenario alluded to by Banks, where tribes of islanders have been visited by ships from advanced civilizations of which they were not previously aware. We can leave good wishes for him on the website set up for just that purpose.
Death was change; it led to new chances, new vacancies, new niches and opportunities; it was not all loss. Thanks for that Val- since you are the man who introduced me to the exquisite work of Banks then this was a fitting celebration. I look forward to more reviews of his work to follow.
- Outside Context Problem: Reflections on Iain Banks | Illusory Promise!
- Plotin face à Platon : Suivi de Plotin chez Augustin et Farâbî (Ouverture philosophique) (French Edition).
- Do you have Steam?;
- Drug Lord: A True Story: The Life and Death of a Mexican Kingpin.
- Tales of Brave Ulysses.
- CALL AND PUT OPTIONS: HOW TO MAKE FAST MONEY ONLINE;
Fiction Writer, Academic, Critic…. Home About Conventions Publications.
An Outside Context Problem by Flane-Erenaeoth on DeviantArt
Posts Comments. Iain Banks. Like this: Like Loading Andrew Browne says:. This ship used to be a nuclear missile! Follow Blog via Email Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- The Outside Context Problem – testjutsu.
- Outside context problem (O.C.P.) - Conservapedia.
- Quote by Iain M. Banks: “An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thin”.
- The Ashgate Research Companion to Queer Theory (Queer Interventions);
Blog at WordPress.